Easy Multiplayer Controller Setup
A downloadable code
With this code, you can easily:
- Support drop-in multiplayer
- Read keyboard and gamepad inputs similarly (so you don't have different code to read the same controls)
- Read if inputs were just pressed, are held, just released, or aren't held
It comes with these settings, easily added to:
- Join the game at any time
- Supports XBOX 360 Controllers and keyboard WASD (arrows optional, in comments)
- Gamepad left-analogue stick/keyboard WASD
- Gamepad A and B/Keyboard Space and Ctrl
I'm putting this up for anyone who wants to use it for rapid development of their projects or for testing. Please just credit me for this block of code!
This package is a GameMaker 1.4 project including relevant files for testing, and you can take and use them in your own projects.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.